Matcha bamboo whisk and spoon
Complete your matcha collection with this Japanese handmade ceremonial matcha bamboo whisk and scoop. This premium bamboo design is sturdy enough for everyday use, yet still fancy enough for those special ceremonial occasions.
The preparation of Matcha tea is a ritual that began over 900 years ago. To follow the traditional method of making Matcha, you’ll need some ceremonial Japanese tea tools.
Chashaku: The chashaku, or tea spoon, is a small, curved utensil used to scoop Matcha powder into the chawan (tea bowl). The size and unique curved shape of chashaku helps to portion out Matcha powder into equal scoops.
Chasen: The chasen is a bamboo whisk integral to the Matcha-making process. Handcrafted from a single piece of bamboo, the chasen is an essential item for matcha lovers to ensure a creamy, frothy matcha every time.
To brew a perfect cup of matcha it only takes a few easy steps, the preparation of matcha gives us an opportunity to relax, recharge and be present in the moment.
- Using your chashaku, add 1 scoop of matcha into a small bowl.
- Gently pour a very small amount of hot water (not boiling) in your bowl and start mixing using your bamboo whisk (Chasen) until you obtain a thick green paste.
- Add some more hot water (about 70ml) and now whisk back and forth until it’s turned into a fine froth.
- Sip and enjoy its health benefits.
Before fist use
- Soak the bamboo chasen in warm water to soften bristles to prevent easy breakage.
- Gently whisk back and forth for about one minute.
- It’s now ready to be used!
After each use
- Use cold water to rinse the bristles.
- Pat dry with paper towel or shake off excess moisture.
- Place your whisk face up and allow to air-dry.
You may also like – Organic premium matcha green tea
If you have any questions about our matcha bamboo whisk and spoon, please contact B inspired healthy lifestyle and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.